Ombudsman Saskatchewan has jurisdiction over most publicly-funded health entities in the province, including:

  • the Saskatchewan Health Authority
  • the Ministry of Health
  • the Saskatchewan Cancer Agency
  • many EMS and ambulance services
  • many hospitals and health care centres
  • many special care homes
  • many addiction services and treatment centres

If you feel that an administrative or policy decision of one of these entities is unfair, try to resolve it by talking to the person who made the decision or to a director or manager. If you are still unable to resolve it, you are welcome to contact us.

In many cases, complaints or inquiries about health services should go to a Quality of Care Coordinator. If the matter remains unresolved, you are welcome to contact us.

For more information about our role related to health care facilities, see our brochure.


Clinical Decisions

We do not have jurisdiction over clinical decisions made by medical professionals nor do we have jurisdiction over the associations that govern them. For example, complaints about the conduct or competency of a doctor (or other health care provider such as a optometrist, dentist or nurse) should go to their professional associations and licensing organizations. For more information and a complete listing of these contacts see the website for the Network of Interprofessional Regulatory Organizations (NIRO).


Ombudsman Saskatchewan does not have jurisdiction over federal health issues. If you have a complaint or inquiry about a federal health program or service, contact Service Canada for more information about who to call.

Government of Canada